Thursday, September 4, 2014

Achieving a softer, more elegant look with watercolours.




Hi friends!

I'm here with a bit of a different card today!

A few weeks ago I was looking at the Jungle Fever set, thinking about the 'real life' setting of a jungle and the animals in it, and how lush and vibrant it is.

I wanted to try using watercolour paints to create a much more elegant and softer look than I've been using the Create A Smile stamps for (they do tend to lend themselves towards a 'cute' style).

So here's what I came up with!




I'm so happy with how it came out! I stamped and white heat embossed the bird and a few of the big hibiscus-type flowers, then used my new watercolour paints to fill in the spaces. I made sure to keep the edges clear and well-defined.

For the bird, I added a little black dot with my Copic multiliner, otherwise he'd have looked eyeless!

The sentiment is Winnie and Walter, and I think works well given the big size of it.

For the background of the card, I did a very soft blue to replicate a sky, and added in lots of splashes and 'murky' shapes, to give the suggestion that the bird and flowers are merely in focus, and behind them is a whole forest more of flowers and greenery :)

I hope you like this!

http://www.createasmilestamps.com/produkte/junge-fever/#cc-m-product-9977149223



Make sure you stop back here again soon, it's almost release time!

Thanks for looking!

Linda x

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome Linda. Yes these images are great for that watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I also really like the watercolor style and im actually waiting for my heat tool to try this style out =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the colors are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete