Friday, March 11, 2016

Watercolor and Masking

Hello!
Samantha here today to share a fun watercolored card with LOTS of masking! :)


This card was so FUN, and it all came together because I just wanted to 'play' with my stamps and watercolors! I wondered what beautiful, flowy, floral images would look like with modern, masked stripes!


So, let's start this, shall we?
- I created stripes on my card using the thinnest washi tape I had (I believe mine was 1/4 inch), with the same thickness between each strip of washi
- once the washi tape was applied over my entire card front, I stamped the floral and leaf images with Staz-On ink
- then I used Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers) to add some very messy, loose watercolor to the images! 


- I also added sparkle to the centers of the flowers with my Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen
- I also added some blue in Tumbled Glass around the edges of the flowers and leaves in the background
- I heat embossed the scripty love in black on vellum and fussy cut out. The 'sending you' was also heat embossing onto black cardstock
- once the watercolor was dry, I (carefully) removed all of the washi strips and attached my sentiments! 


I used the beautiful flowers and leaves from the Magic Flowers stamp set. The sentiment is from the awesome This Must Be Love stamp set! 


So, I did experience some bleeding under the washi, but not much. I think that could be avoided if I used more appropriate 'mask' tools, like a liquid masking pen or masking paper - but I didn't have those, so I worked with what I had on hand! :)

Do you have an idea for a fun stamp set? Let us know!!! We would LOVE to hear what you want - just let us know on our Create a Smile Stamps Facebook page! :)

Thanks again for spending part of your day with me!!!! I hope it was worth it!

  


2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Another technique to try pretty soon. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete