Wednesday, May 25, 2016

How to Create a Ripple Effect


Hi Crafters,
Justine here with another video tutorial on how to create a ripple effect with just some masking paper and scissors. It's probably the easiest thing to hand make, it just takes a bit of time. I love the simplicity of the card and knowing that although it looks simple, it was a labour of love.

When I first looked at this stamp set and the angle of the leaf, I thought of a leaf falling so I wanted to create that look. I thought the best way to bring out that effect would be if the leaf were to fall into water.
Here is a video tutorial on how I created this look with just some masking paper or scissors.

If you don't have masking paper, you can use:
  • Post it notes
  • Computer paper with some removable adhesive to keep it in place
  • Computer paper and hold it still with your hand


I used the Time to Say Thanks stamp from Create a Smile and for the full supply list, head over to my blog.

Don't forget to join us at Create a Smile Friends and Family group over on Facebook for more inspiration from the CAS community!


3 comments:

  1. Can`t watch the video, because it says "This video is private". Could you fix it and embed the new video?
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this three times. LOL Its fantastic. I have never seen this technique done before and I can't wait to try it. Thank you Justine for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete